Saturday 25 May 2013

Al Simhara Special


Al Simhara Special


Welcome to the Al Simhara special of Adventures in Architecture!  As Elisa’s job paused when she arrived and nothing she does goes towards it I decided to do this as a special.  I hope you will enjoy following Elisa’s time in the desert as much as she enjoyed being there!


This is where Elisa will be staying during her trip.


Elisa?  You are on holiday what are you doing?

Elisa: Sketching the campsite, I want to capture its beauty.

You ever thought of just taking a photo?

Elisa: Not the same.  Anyway, there is nothing here but sand and palm trees.

You could go on an adventure!  There are hidden tombs and treasures all over the place!


Elisa: Really?  Tombs?  Where do I sign up!


Elisa checks the adventure board and heads off to speak to a woman named Layla.

Where did that scooter come from?

Elisa: Part of the package, cool huh?


Layla asks Elisa to retrieve some papers from the Temple of Destiny.


Layla: So, you don’t look much like an adventurer, where’s all your stuff?


Elisa: Stuff?  What stuff?  I’m all I need!!


Layla: You wannabe’s are so tiring!  Now if you want to survive you had best get your manicured city butt over to the market and get some survival gear.  And you might want to think about a change of clothes while you are at it!


Elisa: So, like a thermos of tea or something?
Layla: Just head to the supplies store she’ll tell you what you need.


Elisa: Oh, this looks like the place!


Elisa buys a tent, rations, shower in a can and a snake charming basket.

A snake charming basket?

Elisa: The assistant said it was a must for all adventurers.

Hmmm.  And where are your new clothes?

Elisa:  Did you see those rags!  And anyway, how dirty can it get?


With her newly acquired survival kit Elisa heads off to the Tomb of Destiny.

Elisa:  Cool!

Adventurer: New here huh?

Elisa: How can you tell!

Adventurer: Just a hunch.


Adventurer: Well that pretty little thing is in for a shock!


Elisa: The craftsmanship of this build.  I could get some ideas from... ewww!


Elisa: Is that real?  I mean, why would you just leave it there?  Gross!


Elisa: ooh shiny!


Elisa: well that’s just odd; it’s just a funny shaped bit of rock.

It’s called a keystone you put it in the hole over there on the wall.

Elisa: Oh.


Elisa: And this does what?  Am I trapped in some giant jigsaw?

You’ll see.


Elisa: Cool it opens the door!  Ohh I get it.  KEY stone!

Well done, you’re a genius.


Elisa: Wow another room!

You are so easily pleased; now get a move on before your holiday is over.


Elisa: I can do this one.  I put my feet on the feet right?


Elisa: I don’t like what it’s doing here.  What’s it doing?


Elisa: Another door!  Well this place is just full of surprises!

*please excuse me while I go beat my head against something hard*


Stop staring and get a move on!

Elisa: Urm, I’m not sure what to do now.

Go drag that statue onto that square thingie.

Elisa: And then I get a door?

Yes.


Elisa: Well this is not what I had in mind.  This thing is heavy, and filthy!  You do realize this jacket is dry clean only?

They did tell you.


Elisa: It just gave me a steppy thing; I thought you said it would give me a door?  I don’t like these.

It won’t hurt you just stand on it!


Elisa: There here!  The papers!

Good now head back to Layla.


Layla: Excellent!  Now if you could just head over to see Mahmud and tell him I have the papers.  He will tell you what to do next.


Mahmud: So your Layla’s new gopher eh? Well you don’t look like much but I guess you’ll do.
 
Elisa:  Well pardon me but…

Mahmud: Stop you’re yapping and bring me 4 turquoise city girl, adventurers should know their place.


Elisa was exhausted after her time in the tomb and as Mahmud had been so rude she decided his turquoise could wait till morning and headed back to camp.


Elisa sleep surprisingly well in her tent.  The adventures of the previous day had obviously worn her out.  She got chatting to a fellow camper about her travels.

Elisa: …and that Mahmud fellow was so rude!

Camper: Ah, yes.  He is quite the grump!  Just ignore him and get him his gems he’s harmless really, all mouth!  I don’t mean to be rude but you don’t look much like an adventurer?

Elisa:  Well I looked at the clothes at the market but they were just awful and I have nothing else to wear.  I wasn’t expecting things to get so messy!


Camper: *laughs* Ah, yes the locals do like to offer the worst of choices when it comes to clothing!  But I think I can help.  Over by the kitchen area are crates left behind by adventurers that have not returned.  Maybe you can find something more suitable amongst them.

Elisa: Thank you!


Elisa: Wow.  That’s a lot of people who never came back.

Despite feeling a little creeped out Elisa needed something more suitable to wear so rummaged through the crates.


Elisa: well? How do I look?

Stunning my dear.


Elisa: Right!  Off to find that turquoise!


The turquoise was harder to find than she thought.  She covered a vast expanse of desert searching for the beautiful rocks.


As the day was drawing to a close she was finally able to head back to Mahmud.


Mahmud: Ah city girl I am surprised you made it back!  I see you have found some new attire.  Now go speak to the locals and find out what they know about a business called MorcuCorp.  Chop chop!


Elisa was disappointed.  She expected this adventure to be much more exciting.  It was nearly the end of her second day and she had only visited one tomb.  The rest of the time she seemed to be running around like these people’s personal gopher!  Elisa was beginning to regret adventuring, but she had agreed to do this task so she would do her best to finish it.


Elisa headed off to the market to chat to the locals.  She found that streaming internet cats videos was the way to go to raise friendships and soon had her first response to this strange company.


The video worked a treat on the remaining locals and Elisa soon had all the information she needed and headed back to Mahmud.


Mahmud: Right then.  Off you pop to the Tomb of the Burning Sands and grab me a bunch of flame fruit, there’s a good girl.

Elisa: But I’m going home tomorrow!

Mahmud: Best you get a move on then missy!


Elisa set off for the tomb.  She was in awe as she approached the great pyramid.


Elisa: Now this is an adventure!


As she entered the tomb Elisa had just one thing on her mind.  Sleep.


As soon as there was space available she set up her tent and got some sleep.


Once rested Elisa set about investigating and was glad of her new wardrobe.


Elisa: Why do I have to clear it all?  I can see the hole?

It’s just the way it works.  Pick axe come with the package too? 

Elisa: Nope, found that in the sarcophagus.

Oh.


Elisa: If something grabs me I’m outa here!


Elisa: Oh, stairs!  That’s new!


Elisa: yep, I got it.  Keystone opens door.


Time was running out and Elisa still hadn’t found any sign of the mysterious flame fruit.


Finally after finding a tunnel at the bottom of a dive well she discovered a harvestable flame fruit bush.

Elisa: There aren’t enough, he wanted three! 

Just keep looking I’m sure you’ll find them.


But as much as Elisa searched there were no more to be found.


She searched secret rooms and disarmed traps to no avail.


The tomb never seemed to end and time had run out.  It was time for Elisa to head home.  Admitting defeat she headed out of the tomb to begin her journey home.
Maybe one day she would return and complete her adventure.
























































No comments:

Post a Comment